About to get some t-shirts printed? Educate yourself on taking your t-shirt printing to the next level!
In some cases when people think of t-shirt printing, they picture a fanboy replicating a t-shirt for their favourite bang, or their favourite superhero in the basement of their parents house. While screen printing can be a popular technique for amateurs, it is a fact that it is used by major shops and major brands to create a large range of different types of garments. Screen printing is a technique that has been around for thousands of years. Due to it’s high end, quality and durable finish, it makes it the choice for many.
How to take t-shirt printing to the next level?
If you have knowledge on screen printing, and know what the technique can product for you, here are some ideas for those of you who want to take your t-shirt print to the next level.
The clothing that you see hanging on the rails of your local boutiques are all screen printed in large quantities. T-shirts for high street resale has to stand quality tests to meet the standards of retail buyers. Suppliers must make sure that the technique produces a long lasting, soft-feel on the t-shirt. Consumers want to know, if they spend $40 on a t-shirt, that it must stand the test of time.
T-shirt printing onto darker colors
Quality t-shirt printing is composed of many colors and often on dark or color. Some t-shirt printers will not do this because the setup is complex and utilizes several different ink colors and screens. The process makes it to be expensive
and intricate. An experienced, and confident t-shirt printer is what you will require for a high quality dark t-shirt.
Speciality inks for t-shirt printing
At times, regular screen printing inks just aren’t enough. There are a couple different kinds of special inks that can be used:
- Inks that glow in the dark achieve exactly as named. A brilliant glow in the dark. This ink is usually used in children’s resale garments.
- Vintage effect is an effect that a t-shirt printer can do to make your shirt appear like it has stood the test of time! Certain special inks can be used to create a great weathered appearance.
- Metallic inks can be used to create a beautiful shine or sparkle on the garment, these are different then metallic inks.
- Puff inks can be used to create a 3d, raised design which is another great ink that is ideal for kids resale clothing.
- Suede inks can be used to achieve a suede effect on your print.
T-shirt printers can use many different methods and supplies to create a wide range of finishes and designs. Screen printing is much more than creating superhero clothing.